Friday, November 6, 2009

1st year of life - development


Newborn!
You are a strong little girl! You could pull your head up and hold it for a little bit right away!
You have big, bright eyes! They look like they will be blue.
Lots and lots of beautiful hair and long fingers and toes.
You love being in the front pack, close to mama – maybe it makes your tummy feel better? You have a lot of gas, little girl :)
Learned to take the bottle & a paci around 3-4 weeks.

1 month
You still love being close to mom’s warm body. You sleep the best this way & I often put you in the front pack when you can’t seem to calm down any other way.
Your eyes are still really bright and you are looking around & interacting a little more.
You are eating lots and growing really big!
1.4.09: started getting really interactive! Big smiles and some coos – mom loves it!
12.15.08 (5½ wks): 10lb 12oz
12.22.08 (6½ wks): 12lb, 23”

2 months
1.19.09: 24” long (90%), 14 lb 2.5 oz (>95%)

3 months
2.18.09: 16 lb 6 oz (>100%)
2.27.09: rolled from tummy to back – just once – 16 wks
You like to talk with lots of bubbles! You are drooling a lot. I love you big, beautiful smiles and your sounds.
Grasping things and reaching for them.

4 months
(almost) 3.3.09: 25 ¼” (80th%), 16 lb 15.5 oz (100th%)
Trying to hold the bottle on your own.
Started eating and liking food – last week of 4 months.
Really enjoying your bouncer & the stuff on it – spend a lot of time here!
Started sleeping in your crib.

5 months
Starting to interact more with Carson, as you talk some and smile at us lots. Pretty cute now that you are eating. I like watching you and your brother at the table. You have big eyes for him and watch all he does!
Just started realizing when mom wasn’t in the room. I took you to the daycare at my gym and you through a huge fit yesterday until I came back (shortly!). You did it again today, but not quite as bad – I was gone 20 min. You don’t stop crying, either. You are feisty, I can tell J
You have a cyst above your right eye (we noticed probably when you were 3 months or so) and it keeps growing, so we have to have it removed next month. I hate to do this and just want it to be done, but it is supposed to be quick and easy!
4.23.2009: Slept 6 hours straight for the 1st time last night.
Last day of any breast milk (man, we have had a time w yeast/thrush – on meds and need to stop – kind of a sad thing for me!)
Say “dadada”

6 months
You had surgery on May 7th – 6 months to the day – to remove the cyst above your right eye. (I am praying it is all out, but a little concerned, we will see.) When you got out of surgery, I got called back to the recovery room bc you were so upset and the RNs couldn’t calm you down. You were so hot and so mad, we got you cooled off and you started calming down. It was scary to me-I almost started crying!
You are saying “bababa”, “gagaga”, and even some “mama” (but not too often) – mostly dada now
You are sitting up, though still a bit tipsy – rolling all over (gone are the days were I set you somewhere and you stay!) – you are rocking when I put your knees under you & you will be crawling soon.
We decided to take your paci away as it wasn’t really helping you – you just got mad when it fell out, so thought we would do w/o :)

 
7 months
2 bottom teeth
Stayed w papa and nana from June 16-21, 2009 – 1st time away from dad and mom. You were asleep when we got home and it took you awhile to recognize us :)

8 months
Started drinking from a straw (July 10th first try & a success!). You do great w straw sippees!
Started crawling! Had been scooting and getting places for awhile. Did 10 crawls w nana at Tim and Jackie’s wedding (July 31st, 2009). You took off after that!

9 months
8.12.09: 23lb 6oz (>95%ile), 28in (75%ile)
2 top teeth
Crawling all over! Pulling yourself up to your knees. Playing better and better w Carson.

10 months
Pulled yourself up to standing – did this for the 1st time in CO, when we went to see Gigi (Alma, your great-grandma)


11 months
Stopped giving you a bottle – you are a good little eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment